Facebook Timeline for Businesses
We wanted to take a moment to inform our past, present and future clients of a substantial change that is coming to Facebook Pages: Timeline! Timeline for business pages is now available for you to preview and publish now, but will be the mandatory new interface starting March 30th. We wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things you need to know about these changes:
- Clients now have a BEAUTIFUL new space at the very top of your page called a “Cover” where you can visually show off your business. But it wouldn’t be Facebook if it were that easy. There are a few limitations with the Cover we wanted to make sure you were aware of:
- You cannot offer deals such as “Get it now!” or “Tell your friends” or “50% off”.
- You cannot have your contact information such as phone numbers, websites, emails or addresses. This information should be in the “About” section of your page.
- You cannot have a call to action to get people “Like” or “Share” the Facebook Page. This also includes no arrows pointing to the “Like” button.
- We know these seem limiting, but they really want you to show off who your business is and what you are all about.
- The profile pictures are now “Perfect” Squares measuring at 180px by 180px. This is good because the news feed icons are squares anyway.
- There is now no more Facebook Landing Page. This means no more “Like” page with the prompt people to “Like” your page in exchange for something. However, this is replaced with an “App” option so you can still have the “Welcome” feature which has acted like a mini-website. There is now more design space here so you can do more.
- With the “App” you can have a custom icon and wording on the top of the page so people can still learn about your business, you can gather emails, offer deals, show video, guest can leave reviews, calendar of events, and so much more.
- There are also new options to show the history of your business with the “milestone” update for the “status update”. Here you can highlight the best moments of your business such as when you opened, anniversaries, awards won and so on. Each page comes standard with “Founded” at the bottom of your timeline.
While these changes seem drastic, they are going to show the story of our clients’ businesses so much better. As always, the Helix House team is here to answer any questions you may have, so please feel free to contact your agent directly or call us night or day at 800.588.2188.