With the year quickly wrapping up, it’s time for the Helix House staff to close the office for a few days to recharge, refocus, and prepare for 2020! But before that happens, let’s check in with the team to see how they are spending their holiday break and what they enjoyed most about 2019.
So Helix House team, here are two questions for you:
1) What are you looking forward to doing with your time during the holiday break? What are you up to?!
2) With 2019 nearly in the books, what was one highlight from your year? It could be personal or professional!
1) Lots of family time. My mom is one of six kids, and almost all of her siblings are going to be in town this year for Christmas along with their families. I think we are having 24 people over for Christmas dinner? It’s insane. When I’m not spending time with them, I am going to try and decompress with lots of climbing, reading, and cooking!
2) My biggest highlight for the year was watching Helix House grow. Our evolution this year has been amazing and I am so proud of everyone on our team. The tone this year was really set by our leader in Mike. The hard work, determination, and focus he showed this year was really inspiring.
1) I’m going back to Platteville, WI to spend a few days with family. It should be perfectly freezing but hey at least I’ll be able to eat Steve’s Pizza, the best pizza in the world!
2) Getting a house with my girlfriend has really changed our quality of life in a big way!
1) I am looking forward to hanging out with my family! We are also going to Disneyland so I am very excited about that!
2) To be honest. This year was rough. But one good note about it was the fact that I was supported and surrounded by great people. They know who they are!
1) I am looking forward to relaxing, and watching Lifetime original movies at home.
2) In 2019 my greatest accomplishment was probably helping bring Credit Rent Boost from 8 sign ups per month to 200 sign ups per month
1) I have so much planned! I want to spend my time outside doing fun activities. Planning a couple of days trips and long hikes around Arizona. Also planning to go camping for a couple of days, might try something new like go rock climbing, aerial yoga, meditation, plant a small winter garden, and maybe finally finish the book on my nightstand.
As for celebrating a beginning to a new decade, I’m planning to go to LA and hopefully kiss someone famous on midnight 😀
2) I can’t think of one highlight, 2019 was overall transformational and magical year for me. I did so many new and exciting things in 2019. It’s cliché but best things happen out of your comfort zone. I took leaps in 2019, did things that made me feel uncomfortable, maybe cried along the way but as I face the last week of the year I find myself loving life. I only expect 2020 to be more interesting!
I’m also going home to Michigan for the holidays, but I wouldn’t say I am looking forward to that. Leaving the 60-degree weather for a high of 40 on the warmest day? No thanks.
2) I moved to Arizona!