Trying to make the decision between Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click (PPC)? Here are 5 reasons why Organic SEO is a great place to start:
1. Organic Builds Value: You can think of it like adding an addition or pool to your home. Raising your ranking organically in the search engines is seen as an asset to your company, unlike PPC which is seen as an expense.
2. Lower Cost per Click: If you were to calculate SEO out to a per click cost, it always comes out to be less than a Pay Per Click campaign on highly searched terms. Would you rather pay $1 per click or $10 or even $75?
3. Longer Term Results: When you stop paying into a PPC campaign, its over. With organic SEO, due to high competition, your positions may eventually slip as your competitors catch up and overtake you. Unlike PPC though, what you have built through link building lasts for life. This means that if you ever choose to begin your campaign again, you are that much farther ahead and closer to top page positions.
4. Higher Consumer Click Rate: Recent statistics show that only 25% of consumers click on PPC advertisements, as opposed to the 75% of clicks that go to organic search results. A client with cash in hand is not looking for advertisements, they are looking for the best match to their search. Only organic search results provide that match.
5. The Most Bang for your Buck: As you can see, if each dollar gets you more exposure, more clicks and more value, then it stands to reason that there is no better steady revenue stream than organic SEO.
As with all forms of online marketing, SEO is just one piece of the puzzle. We are not trying to imply that you should never run a PPC campaign, we just want to make sure that each and every one of our clients puts their hard earned dollars into the right forms of marketing at the right time. Once we have used SEO to create a steady revenue stream, we can then use some of the profits to expand your campaign into other advertising areas, including PPC, SMM, Email Marketing and more!